This title alone has me so excited!!! Yes the new Avon makeup collection was featured at New York Fashion Week!! We were the sponsors for the amazing fashion line Elizabeth and James Spring 2014 Presentation.
Earlier this month, I received the email of a lifetime! I was selected by Avon to accompany them to the spring presentation as their Avon Makeup Maven Rep-Porter! LOL! ( I love how they put a spin on that title. ) So I know you all are wondering well, what exactly does that mean. I was actually backstage live tweeting and instagramming all the behind the scenes buzz!!!!!!! Yes!!! For all my muas, makeup lovers and fashionistas you all completely understand how major this opportunity was! New York Fashion Week is like the Super Bowl, Grammys and Oscars all wrapped up in one for us. This is where fashion and beauty trends are created and introduced to the world. I never imagined that my passion for makeup, love for Avon and relationship with social media would allow me to have this experience!!
I remember the day that I found out that Avon was going to sponsoring a show in NYFW!! I knew this would allow our amazing brand to been seen in a different light. It allows us to be showcased to whole other industry. I was going to be apart of Avon history and that was such a powerful feeling! I am still pinching myself!!
So I tried my best to capture as many moments as I could. LOL! Truth be told, I was super nervous because I knew that the spotlight was on me and Avon!!
Now let's get down to the look! The beautiful and talented Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Anderson created the look for the models. This clean, beautiful and effortless look was called Modern & Minimalist! Lauren says, " the makeup look we created for the Elizabeth and James Spring 2014 Presentation is fresh yet sophisticated. This glowing look is inspired by a woman who is effortlessly chic."
Here's how to get the look:
1. Prep the skin using a foundation brush and your finger, apply a thin layer of Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Liquid Foundation only on areas that need coverage. To create a natural dewiness, go back over the foundation with a wet sponge.
2. Highlight cheeks, brow bone and nose by swiping these areas with Avon Smooth Mineral Powder Foundation in Transparent Glow. This will refresh and enhance skin with a luminous, radiant glow.
3. To keep cheeks looking dewy and fresh , apply Avon Ultra Color Lipstick in Carnation, a blushing pink shade, on the apples of the cheeks.
4. On the eyes, use a light wash of shadow with Avon True Color Eyeshadow Duo in Healthy Glow. Apply the lighter shade to the inner eyes and across the lid. Then blend the darker shade very lightly along the lash line.
5. Lightly line eyes for a "just -defined look" with Avon's Kohl Eye Liner in Intense Brown.
6. Give lashes volume and definition with Avon Mega Effects Mascara.
7. Finish the look by matching lip color to the shade used on the cheeks. Apply Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Carnation to the center of the lips with your finger and then blot it out to give the pout a natural-yet-noticeable stain effect.
Here are a few behind the scene pics :
The Avon team really had everything thing covered when it came to branding!! Everyone knew that we were in the building! LOL!
There is always time for a photo op!! So I had to get a pic with Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist, Lauren Anderson and Avon Global Beauty Ambassador, Irina Shayk! Oh I was definitely trying to give my best Tyra Banks smize!! lol!!
Till next time beauties,
" Remember makeup is simply touches of beauty"